Plan to join the Freedom Connect 2013 Conference on Sunday, June 23rd for an inspirational and educational event aimed at connecting Colorado in the fight against human trafficking! This event is FREE! 303-466-1719.
iEmpathize will be sharing about our work in prevention in high schools and at truck stops across the United States. Learn more about our work in the US HERE.
Other speakers’ topics include:
- Prevention: What is trafficking? How can communities work together to prevent this issue? Warning signs and what to do if you think you’ve seen a trafficking situation and tips to protect your kids.
- Rescue: How rescues work, giving statistics both local and global. Examples of rescues and the complexities of the issue. Resources available for you locally.
- Restoration/After-Care Services: What does restoration mean globally and locally? What kinds of services are needed and what gaps exist? What steps need to be taken to support this part of the issue?
- Social & Cultural Issues: Cultural and social factors that influence trafficking. Government’s role in rescue and restoration.
- Outreach: How can we reach out to our community and build knowledge and support for this issue? What are real steps we can all take to make this a priority for our leaders? How can parents and communities make a difference?
Learn more about Freedom Connect HERE.
Freedom Connect is being put on by Traffick Stop and hosted by Broomfield United Methodist Church.